blog background

Sunday, July 26, 2009

Birthday Weekend continued...

I want to draw your attention to the girl behind me in this picture. The Six Flags people let us in and everyone is scrambling to get to the horse they want. I wanted this grey one, because I love grey horses! So naturally, Andy goes to the brown one beside it, and as he's climbing up the horse, this little girl jumps up onto the horse out of nowhere! Andy of course gets down and goes to the horse on the other side of me. We thought this was hilarious and somewhat awkward for the rest of the ride. She didn't seem to think anything of it...

By 8:00 we could hardly move. On our way out of the park we took a quick picture with Elmer Fudd. Exhausted, aching, and on the verge of heat stroke, we called it a day. We ended up doing Mr. Freeze three times, and I think it was my favorite ride. Andy's favorite was the Titan, but we also had a lot of fun on Superman. It was a day full of memories!

It is tradition for my mom to call me at 8:45 a.m. on my birthday. That's the time I was born. So this morning, I woke up to my phone ringing, and my mom's voice on the other end. Then I tried on my birthday presents from Andy. He got me these TCU nike shorts (I could wear them every day) and polka dot wellies for our trip to Costa Rica. My mother-in-law said it will be raining anywhere from 1-12 hours a day, so we thought I'd need some of these.


My cousin Michelle is coming home after spending two years in Dar es Salam, Tanzania. Andy and I have been using her second bedroom furniture, and needed to get it back to her in preparation of her coming home. My brother was so great- he rented a trailer and brought me some of my furniture from when I was a kid and took away Michelle's furniture for us. We also go to grab some lunch on my birthday! The last time we actually saw each other on my actual birthday was when I turned 19, so it was a real treat! Our birthdays are only 5 days apart, so I will be wishing him a happy 23rd in no time. We went to Fuzzy's and I'm ready to boycott them all over again...intestinal disagreement.

My friends, and the leaders of our Village Home Group, Chris and Jen, came over to wish me a happy birthday. They are so sweet! It was a fun surprise to get to see them and put the cherry on my sundae! What a great birthday weekend- I'm 26 now!

No comments:

Post a Comment