blog background

Sunday, July 26, 2009

My Birthday Weekend!

I had a great weekend celebrating my 26th birthday with friends and family! This past week, my friend Sawyer took me out to lunch at Lily's on Magnolia (which I've been wanting to try for a very long time)! There I had the best burger of my life!! It was a 1/2 pounder with gorgonzola dressing, bacon, and tomato. It was delicious!

Friday night Andy and I went to Central Market on the strict policy: "If you want it, grab it!" Yum! We left with most of the things you see above: bread, our favorite cheese, crab cake, apples, kiwi, oranges, wine, peanut butter chocolate chunk cookies, etc. We rented Australia from the red box, made a picnic on the floor, and enjoyed!

While we were at Central Market, we made trail mix for our trip to Six Flags! Andy picked one of the pre-made trail mixes, but I wanted to make my own. It included peanuts, sunflower seeds, pecan pieces, pistachios, raisins, and vanilla almond granola. I would have liked to also include m&ms and pretzels, but I couldn't find them, plus the chocolate would have melted. Anyway, this is us at the entrance to Six Flags!
When we first arrived we headed strait for Mr. Freeze, found no line, and took front row seats. It was a blast! 45 seconds later we headed right back in line for another go. In the first three hours of the day we hit 1/2 of the park. Then two things happened all at once: it became unbearably hot and all the rides had hour long waits. This is a picture of Andy in line for some lemonade. We bought one of the souvenir bottles so you can get free refills. We probably spent over one entire hour in line for drinks- at one point I thought I was melting.
We stopped to get on the carousel simply because my feet ached and it was in the shade. Notice our shimmering faces. While I took this picture Andy informed me that I had the biggest pit stains (or as my friend Chris calls them, "puddles,") he's ever seen. It was true. I can't deny it.

No comments:

Post a Comment