blog background

Wednesday, July 8, 2009

Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde

I got the desire to read this from Tim Keller's book The Reason for God. He had a quote in it, and I was so taken in by it that I knew I must read this book. I had thought it was just some scary classic. It was so much more!

This is a quick read- a little over 100 pages and I read it in two short sittings. In the last chapter I have scrawled notes all along the margins. So many times as I was reading I felt such familiarity with the transition back and forth from Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde. The battle of good and evil (or my sin nature and my new nature in the Spirit) within me was encompassed in this book. I should never desire to separate the two, as the book shows, because I would die of shame for what the evil in me would heartily accomplish. Thanks be to God who restores all that my sin has broken!

Read it- you will love it.

No comments:

Post a Comment