blog background

Thursday, July 2, 2009

No pictures

So I was going to post a blog to tell you about the gardening adventures I've been having, but when I went outside to take some pictures of the beautiful hibiscuses, I realized our camera is broken. Something about the lens...

I have an SLR camera, but it's not digital, so I took pictures with those. However, it will be months before I finish the roll and get it developed. So... this blog is going pictureless for a while. I'm hoping to get a new digital camera for my birthday. We'll see ;)

Things I was going to post about and have pictures of:

*We celebrated our friend Emily's birthday at Dutch's two weeks ago. I had great pictures of the whole group, and some of the guys (who just found out Jesse has a Harley Davidson- I won't tell you how much Andy went on about how cool the bike was and how cool Jesse looked on the bike, and how cool it would be if he could have a bike to look cool on.) You can imagine how thrilling this conversation was... ;)

*My mom came into town last weekend and we got to spend lots of time together. She is my favorite shopping partner, so we did what I like to call "buying." (Andy knows I do not like to shop- who likes looking at a bunch of things you don't get? Buying is what I like to do.) Banana is always hit or miss for me, but this time it was a huge hit!! Thanks to my school for giving me a visa check card at the end of the year, I have some new clothes for next year!

*I dug up the purple flowers I had put in our flower beds a few months ago, replacing them with some bright pink begonias. I also pulled out our big pots that sit at the steps up to our house and filled them with bright pink hibiscus. The two flowers match so well, and I had such a great time planting them. I got up early Monday to do it, which was our one day of cooler weather (by cooler, I mean upper 80s). It was so fun, and Berkley loved sitting on the porch with some ice cubes for toys watching me work the land. What a joyful morning!

No comments:

Post a Comment