blog background

Monday, August 3, 2009

Michelle is home!

I flew to Austin last Wednesday to help celebrate the homecoming of my cousin Michelle. Michelle has spent the last two years on mission in Tanzania teaching second grade. We have been so proud of all that she accomplished for the Kingdom there, but missed her terribly. We all waited at the airport for her to arrive- it was so great to see her and hear her voice after two years apart! I didn't take any pictures because I didn't want to miss being there, and also because I was all tears. I get really blotchy when I'm like that.
On Friday, my little bro turned 23! We celebrated by going to Fogo de Chao- what a meal! Being my unabashed self, I indulged in 4 cheesy rolls, skipped the salad bar, and ate to my heart's content (long after everyone else's plates were cleared away.) This time the rankings stood: #1 the fillet; #2 ribeye; #3: top sirloin. Usually, picana, the house special, is on this list. Fogo didn't do it as well as TDB and it didn't even make the top three. I tried the lamb (again) and took one bite, grimaced, and moved on (again). I am determined to like lamb and I've no idea why.

I only got one good bite of this cake because everyone indulged while I was trying to take pictures. Poor Dustin got about as much of it as I did. Who's birthday was it anyway? He's such a sport. Happy Birthday Bud- I love you!




Throughout the weekend, I got to spend some time with Michelle. She has quite a lot of different restaurants on her list of places to eat as soon as possible. I consider eating a hobby these days, so I was more than willing to tag along.




On our last day, we headed to Austin Stone for a wrap-up of 1 Corinthians by Matt Carter. Then we had a family get together at Sandy's house. Lindsey wanted to play "parachute" so this is us playing Duck, Duck, Goose with the parachute. That little girl has us all wrapped around her finger.

Michelle, we are so glad to have you home! I love you!
All the paths of the LORD are steadfast love and faithfulness, for those who keep his covenant and his testimonies. Psalm 25.10

No comments:

Post a Comment