blog background

Wednesday, August 12, 2009

Videos from Costa Rica

My camera has a video feature, but I couldn't get any of the videos onto the computer. I've figured out what I was doing wrong, so here are some videos of our trip. I don't say anything through most of them, because I quickly discovered that I don't film and do (anything) at the same time very successfully. Talking in addition ruined most of the videos. :)

These two are of the waterfall hike, my favorite activity.


The next two videos are from the rainforest. I had one going across one of the hanging bridges, but I tried talking through it and I was completely distracted. You mostly only see the railing around me. Needless to say, it's not worth putting on here. I love this waterfall because it's like its being hammocked by the rocks.

Wouldn't you like to slide down it?

Like I said before, in each city, a church occupies the very center of the town. It's the church everyone goes to. All around the church, there is a park or garden. This is where everyone hangs out during their free time. The downtown forms a square around this park, and then the houses form along the outside of the downtown area. So the church is at the heart of the town. It's so different from here, and it was refreshing. I don't know what town we're in, but we stopped when we saw the gardens. Here's a shaky clip:

Going to a place like Costa Rica, we were surrounded by beauty everywhere. It was humbling to sit in the midst of God's creation. We watched nature and saw the hand of God. We followed a trail of leafcutters, we looked to the movement of clouds, the cut of water through rock, the web of a spider, the climbing cow at the top of a mountain, the eruption of a volcano, the colors of a macaw...all put in place by God, for God. Sinless creation. I am but a mist.

Our friends, Chad and Sarabeth, took care of Berkley. (Yes, he got to spend another week with Miss Ella and was thrilled about it.) This video is of us coming to pick him up. :) My only regret is stopping the camera too early, but check out the huge butt wiggle! I love it!

No comments:

Post a Comment