blog background

Saturday, December 17, 2011

Joining Pinterest

I kept hearing about Pinterest from friends. Everyone not only was on it, but was loving being on it! I was curious, but thought I don't have time for that stuff. I was right, by the way. ;)

I had this plan to make Sophia a homemade ornament from me each year. As I started searching online for some inspiration (Let's be honest, I was going to straight up steal an idea. My creativity tank is constantly on empty) I found myself wishing for a more organized way of searching; something where similar ideas were all clumped together, rather than having to go to 30 different blogs to find one item at each.

Enter Pinterest. I asked for an invite, then waited a few weeks before I finally received one. But since then, it's been happy pinning! (in moderation, of course) I've created a Christmas board with ideas for ornaments, recipes, advent calendars, decor, and gift ideas. I'm so glad to have my favorite things recorded. Next year, I'll be able to go straight here to pick an ornament to make, no searching required.

I'm not a techie. I tried to take a snapshot of my board to show you some things on it. But after 20 minutes of failing over and over again, I decided to install a "Follow me on Pinterest" button. It's a little premature, since my Christmas board is the only one that's filled. But if you're on Pinterest, check out my board by clicking the link on the sidebar. If you're not on Pinterest and want to be, let me know. I'll send you an invite. :)

P.S. I did get around to making Sophia's ornament and I'm so excited that the tradition has officially begun! It's at the bottom of my Christmas board, by Brown Paper Packages.

No comments:

Post a Comment