blog background

Tuesday, November 1, 2011

Happy Halloween!

Andy and I feel like we actually celebrated Halloween this year. Both of us dress up in costumes at work. Andy's bank went with a "villain" theme, and at our school, we do a "storybook parade." You pick a character from a book and dress up as that person. You bring the book with you as you parade around the school. I went to school as Fancy Nancy! If you don't know Fancy Nancy, here she is:

My co-teachers and I wanted to be some of the biggest "girl figures" in children's literature, so we picked Junie B., Olivia, and Fancy Nancy. I volunteered immediately to be Fancy Nancy, because I L-O-V-E her. It was also decided that since I'm the only one with curly hair, that it was my only option. Nancy loves butterflies, so this is what I did with my hair:


I wish I could have shown you the full outfit, because what made it was the hot pink boa I borrowed from one of my co-teachers, but at school, we didn't get a chance to snap pictures of us. We were too busy corralling the excited children and taking pictures of them! But you can get an idea of it from this picture Andy and I snapped before leaving from work. The lace leggings were a hit. :)


So in the evening we found ourselves still wearing our costumes. Sophie's Grammy got her a fairy costume, so we put her in it and I set out making some Minestrone Soup with Pesto. (If you ask me, pesto can go in anything.) We anxiously awaited our trick-or-treaters. Andy was so excited he was running and singing all throughout the house in anticipation. Poor guy only got to answer the door twice, because we had a total of 3 trick-or-treaters. What can I say, we live in an elderly hood. Here are some snapshots of a very normal evening in splendid attire:



I also was able to snap a play-by-play minor temper tantrum. Here's why she's upset: I said, "no," when she wanted to open the trash can and feel around inside of it. ;)

first play: show you how upset I am


second play: throw myself on the floor when you don't seem to cave


third play: allow you to distract me with tupperware


I just love how she will follow me around in the kitchen and loves playing with normal things. Sometimes I wonder why we even buy her toys!








 
 these are some new slippers we got her at Target. She is such a doll in them!


Happy Halloween!

1 comment: