blog background

Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Sophie the Giraffe

There's a very popular toy called "Sophie the Giraffe" which is totally cute. It's a teether and if you're interested, click on the picture to purchase one from Amazon. Isn't she cute?!

Well, we have our very own "Sophie the Giraffe," and she's even more adorable!








Way back when I had recently found out I was pregnant and due in October, I found myself shopping at this consignment store. I found this little giraffe sleeper there for about two bucks. I didn't know yet if I was having a boy or a girl, but figured a giraffe was gender neutral enough, so I bought it thinking I'd use it as a halloween costume. Well, as Halloween approached, Andy got sick, running a fever and throwing up. Sophia also started to show signs that she wasn't at the top of her game. Needless to say, I didn't want to put my baby with a 99.5 fever in a hot halloween costume. So we missed our first non-official holiday. The other night we decided to put it on her just so we could see what she would look like and whether it would even fit. We had so much fun looking at her in this costume that we've decided to put it on her frequently throughout the winter until she outgrows it. Here's to our very own cute little giraffe!

1 comment: