blog background

Wednesday, November 10, 2010

Here's our Sophie girl!

What a beautiful whirlwind the past five weeks have been! I love being this girl's mama! She is such a sweet baby. Andy and I can just stare at her in awe that God would entrust us with her care. What a joy and heavy responsibility we bear. It is wonderful.

I continue to be amazed at the goodness of God to us in our pregnancy, delivery, recovery, and now in parenting. Everything has gone so wonderfully. Delivering Sophia will forever be one of the greatest events of my life. It was a joy filled, fun experience that I hope never fades from my memory. Raising her has been a string of happy moments since. It hasn't been without exhaustion, indecision, worry, or frustration. But even in those times, I step back and remember that I'm fretting over details that are not the most important thing.

Here are just some snapshots of D day:









Lord, thank you for all you have done! Sophia is beautifully made by you and we are so delighted to be her parents. She is such a joy to us and we acknowledge your goodness in giving her to us! Our hope is that she will bring glory to you in her life!

Please join us in praying: that Andy and I would be given the wisdom to raise her and that God would be even now preparing her heart for the Word, that it would take deep root in fertile soil so that she might believe and trust Jesus with her life!

1 comment: